1. Just what they've always wanted - giant microbes! Who wouldn't want a giant Ebola or Black Death or, in their 'professional line' -- Hepatitis? All stuffed, of course, and larger than life...(check them out here at ThinkGeek too).
2. They may not be available for Holiday 2006 -- but it's possible that the folks that make giant microbes might branch into...Microbe Christmas Ornaments! That special gift for the difficult person on your list - perhaps available in 2007?
3. Now here's the gift for the person that has everything - for that special man or woman on your list, Infectious Awareables!! How can you go wrong with this emerging awareable, Avian Flu? It's the tie for the man who has everything! Or what about...BioNotes? Perhaps 'in' Staphylococcus? Or better yet, the Gonorrhea or Testosterone boxers? This could solve all of your last minute shopping worries!
4. For that geeky kid on your list? What about going to MicroscopeWorld and checking out one of these? They're pretty fancy - but geez, everybody needs their "First Lab Microscope", don't you think? If that one is out of your price range - check out these Microscopes for Children - what about the Micropro Microscope for only $29.95?
5. For that little one - what about this Microbiology Coloring Book??? Perfect! Or this book titled "Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple, Edition 3"? Better yet! Or what about the new 2006 edition of The Prokaryotes? For that microbiologist with everything? For anywhere from $3,900-4,900, it's yours! All seven volumes! (I personally would like to blow some cash on this one...but am refraining).
7. Hmmm...there's always a lifetime membership to the Micropolitan Museum of microscopic art forms...now, who wouldn't want that? (I know, I know - it's free - but it won't be for long! How perfect is free?).
8. You can't forget the Ecospheres! In small, medium, and large!
Ahhh...this is just an abbreviated list...but fear not, there are so many possibilities for that special microbiologist on your gift list...
For subsequent years: